Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc.
“Historic St. Andrews, a village by the bay where cultural attractions, entertainment, and commerce thrive.”
The Panama City Commission recognized the need to revitalize the St. Andrews community and in 1989, designated St. Andrews as a Community Redevelopment Area. In 1997, to aid in the revitalization and redevelopment of this quaint coastal community, St. Andrews applied for and received a designation as a Waterfronts Florida Partnership Community under the state’s Waterfronts Florida Program. Through its Waterfronts Florida Partnership Program, the Department of Community Affairs designates communities to receive intensive technical assistance, training and education, and limited financial support to help implement community-designed vision plans for their waterfront area.
In 2012 the St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc. reorganized itself as the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc., a non-profit organization. The City of Panama City engages the organization annually to operate the Panama City Publishing Company Museum.

MISSION STATEMENT:
The mission of the HSAWP is to advocate for public and private partnerships that elicit the interest of groups and individuals to promote growth, sustainability and economic revitalization within the St. Andrews community, while preserving the historic character and identity of the community. Subsequently, the HSAWP operates and maintains the Panama City Publishing Company Museum, operates The Market at St. Andrews and serves in an advisory capacity to the City of Panama City and to the St. Andrews CRA regarding projects, causes and concerns of the business and residential community within the CRA boundaries.

KEY GOALS:
• Increase visitation to St. Andrews.
• Promote awareness of St. Andrews’ history.
• Find ways the past can catalyze revitalization.
• Attract new businesses and developments in keeping with community vision.
• Employ traditional town planning approach compatible with vision of St. Andrews as an historic village.
• Promote St. Andrews’ environmental quality and provide for public access and enjoyment of natural resources; promote a clean, green appearance.
• Maintain a calendar of festivals and events to attract people to St. Andrews.
• Partner with key stakeholders in St. Andrews who will see revitalization through.

Board meetings are open to the public and held at 8AM, the second Wednesday of the month at the Panama City Publishing Co. Museum.

GET INVOLVED
The Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership serves in two roles: one as an advisory group for the St. Andrews Community Redevelopment Area of Panama City; the second in managing the Publishing Museum. The Partnership encourages volunteers to get involved.

Museum Committees: Finance, Outreach, Events, Operations, Special Projects
CRA Advisory Committees: Economic Development, Public Assets, Promotions
Board of Directors 2021

Tracy Smith, President
Janis Boatright-Vice-President

Alice DeWall-Treasurer
Jan Johnson-Secretary
Ginger Littleton

Lori Faison

Brenton Hitchcock

Valerie Law

Tom Wisser

Juan Andrada-At large

Tim Thompson-At Large


CONTACT


Lisa Barnes-Tapscott, Executive Director


Panama City Publishing Co. Museum
1134 Beck Avenue
Panama City, FL. 32401


850-872-7208



ST. ANDREWS REVITALIZATION PROJECTS

In 1989, after a detrimental period of economic decline, the City of Panama City designated the commercial waterfront as a Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) so that a portion of the property taxes generated in the area would support public improvement in the CRA. In 1995-1997, a two-year visioning project brought area residents and stakeholders together to define what a revitalized St. Andrews would be. In 1997, St. Andrews became part of the inaugural Waterfronts Florida program that would provide technical and limited financial assistance to the community in achieving its vision.

Since then, the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership along with the City of Panama City, has accomplished numerous historic preservation projects and new construction projects have been completed in St. Andrews utilizing grants, volunteers, and CRA funds generated by increasing private investments made in the area, and will continue as we recover from Hurricane Michael. The vision is becoming a reality once again, and St. Andrews is coming back. We hope you will too!

Lion Plaza Entrance Enhancement Project – 2012
This project was possible through a partial grant from the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection in cooperation with the City of Panama City, St. Andrews CRA, and the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership.

Constructed in 1926, the school was restored and is now listed on the National Register. It was damaged in Hurricane Michael and the City of Panama City has leased the building for 5 years in hopes of establishing a community center.
The Bank of St. Andrews was constructed in 1907, and the building housed a number of different uses over the years, including a police substation, a thrift shop, and a bakery. The building was restored in 2008.
The former Ramada Inn and Harbour House Restaurant site. It is now the site of a 116 unit, eight-story, luxury condominium complex called Harbour Village, built in 2006.
Historic St. Andrew Church was constructed in 1887. In 2007, the $150,000 restoration project was financed in part with historic preservation grant assistance provided by the State of Florida, Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources, assisted by the Florida Historical Commission. The steeple was destroyed in Hurricane Michael, but will be rebuilt and will have a bell for the first time since 1955.

The City of Panama City purchased the Panama City Publishing Company (c 1920) building in 2005. St. Andrews Community Redevelopment Area Tax Increment Funds (TIF) funded the purchase. In 2008, the $402,000 restoration project was financed in part with historic preservation grant assistance provided by the State of Florida, Florida Department of State, Division of Historical Resources, assisted by the Florida Historical Commission.

Parking Improvements:
The Community of St. Andrews envisioned more than 20 years ago to improve the parking facilities of St. Andrews. This has been an on-going process of purchasing land for public parking. The City has purchased property for public parking at 2 locations: Chestnut Avenue/11th Court, and Beck Avenue/W. 13th Street on the NE corner.


BOARD APPLICATION AND POSITION DESCRIPTION
We would like to invite you to apply for a position on the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership (HSAWP) as you
have been identified as someone in our community whom we should approach. We believe as you explore the HSAWP,
you will want to partner with our organization in its multi-faceted focal areas in St. Andrews, from the Publishing
Museum and the Market to the growth and revitalization of the St. Andrews Community, and more.

CLICK HERE FOR BOARD APPLICATION